OpenScope MZ - Offline Support
When using OpenScope MZ it is recommended to use the version of WaveForms live hosted at www.waveformslive.com as it will always provide the most current released version of the WaveForms Live software. However when internet access is not available there several alternative was to use the WaveForms Live software.
By default the Digilent Agent includes a copy of WaveForms Live for offline use. You can access the Digilent Agent's local copy of WaveForms Live using either of the following methods: *
- Right click the Digilent Agent and choose Launch WaveForms Live.
- If internet access is available the default browser is launched and directed to www.waveformslive.com
- If internet access is not available the default browser is launched and directed to localhost:42135 (the Digilent Agent's HTTP server hosting a local copy of WaveForms Live).
- On a computer with the Digilent Agent installed, open a browser and browser to localhost:42135.
- Note: You can also load the Digilent Agent's local copy of WaveForms live from another computer by replacing localhost with the target computer's IP address.
Hosted on OpenScope MZ
OpenScope MZ includes an HTTP server and can host a local copy of WaveForms Live from the SD card. To load WaveForms Live directly from the OpenScope MZ:
- Download an offline build of WaveForms Live available here.
- Extract the zip file to the root of an micro SD card.
- Insert the micro SD card into the OpenScope.
- Power on the OpenScope.
- Launch a browser on any device on the same Wifi network as the OpenScope MZ and enter the OpenScope MZ's IP address in the address bar then press enter.
- If the browser has internet access it will be redirected to www.waveformslive.com to improve load speed and ensure the latest version of WaveForms live is used.
- If the browser does not have internet access WaveForms Live will be loaded from the OpenScope MZ.
- Note: To force the browser to load WaveForms Live from the OpenScope MZ append /index.html to the OpenScope MZ's IP address in the browser address bar. (ex. 192.168.1.27/index.html)