The Basys MX3 is a true MCU trainer board designed from the ground up around the teaching experience. Basys MX3 features the PIC32MX370 from Microchip and was designed to be used with the MPLAB® X IDE. With an exhaustive set of peripherals, students gain exposure to a wide range of embedded systems related concepts while using a professional grade tool set. Accompanied by free and open source coursework, including seven in-depth teaching units and 15 complete labs, the Basys MX3 is a versatile MCU trainer board ideal for teaching introductory embedded systems courses.
- Basys MX3 Reference Manual
- PIC32MX370 Datasheet
- Searchable list of PIC32MX Family Reference Manual Sections
Example Projects and Libraries
- Hands On with the Digilent Basys MX3 – Labs created by Dr. Greg Mason for a workshop at ASEE Conference 2018.
Embedded Systems with the PIC32MX370 and Basys MX3
- Unit 1: Microprocessor I/O
- Unit 2: Elements of Real-time Systems
- Unit 3: Parallel I/O and Handshaking for LCD Control
- Unit 4 Part 1: Communications - Serial Protocol
- Unit 4 Part 2: Communications - Asynchronous Serial Protocols
- Unit 5: IrDA Communications Protocols
- Unit 6: Analog I/O and Process Control
- Unit 7: Audio Signal Processing