chipKIT uC32 Resource Center
Welcome to the resource center for the uC32!
Here you will find all the reference materials that Digilent has created for this board, as well as links to any external content we have tracked down. If you are interested in purchasing the uC32, visit the product page on our main website: chipKIT uC32
The chipKIT uC32 is based on the popular Arduino™ open-source hardware prototyping platform and adds the performance of the Microchip PIC32 microcontroller. The uC32 is the same form factor as the Arduino™ Uno board and is compatible with many Arduino™ shields. It features a USB serial port interface for connection to the IDE and can be powered via USB or an external power supply.
We are currently on Revision E of the uC32. You can find the revision of your board by looking on the underside, near the white bar-coded box.
Information, and sample projects involving previous revisions of the uC32 can be found here.
- Schematic – PDF
- PDF Schematic of the PCB generated by Altium
- Technical description of the chipKIT uC32 and all of its features. The Wiki may contain more up-to-date information than the PDF.
- Sell Sheet – PDF
- Quick and easy breakdown of the chipKIT uC32's features.
- Programmer's Reference Manuals – ZIP
- Programmer's Reference Manuals for the Digilent chipKIT DSPI and SoftSPI libraries for use with the chipKIT MPIDE software system.
- Pinout Table – ZIP
- chipKIT™ uC32 pinout table (.xls format).
- Fritzing Part – rev 1
- The Fritzing part that can be uploaded and used to create circuit images.
- EAGLE Project ZIP
- Open source EAGLE project for the chipKIT uC32. Created in EAGLE v5.11
- Installing chipKIT compatible IDE External
- Instructions for installing MPIDE or Arduino IDE with the chipKIT core
- Update sketch to update the uC32 bootloader to the latest 0x1000301 release version of the bootloader.
- Bootloader Tutorial – PDF
- This document describes the procedure for programming the boot loader into a chipKIT board
- LED Board Snake Demo – Wiki
- Demonstrates the capabilities of the uC32. Goes over the creation of the LED Board and how to use the uC32 to run “Snake” on the board.
- Blink ZIP
- This simple example sketch for MPIDE blinks an LED on supported chipKIT boards.