chipKIT Pro MX4 Resource Center
Welcome to the resource center for the Pro MX4!
Here you will find all the reference materials that Digilent has created for this board, as well as links to any external content we have tracked down. If you are interested in purchasing the Pro MX4, visit the product page on our main website: chipKIT Pro MX4
The chipKIT™ Pro MX4 is a microcontroller development board based on the Microchip PIC32MX460F512L, a member of the 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller family. It is compatible with Digilent’s line of Pmod™ peripheral modules, and is suitable for use with the Microchip MPLAB® IDE tools. The chipKIT Pro MX4 is also compatible for use with the chipKIT™ MPIDE development environment. ChipKIT and MPIDE is a PIC32 based system compatible with many existing Arduino™ code examples, reference materials and other resources.
We are currently on Revision A of the Pro MX4. You can find the revision of your board by looking on the underside, near the white bar-coded box.
- Schematic – PDF
- PDF Schematic of the PCB generated by Altium
- Technical description of the chipKIT Pro MX4 and all of its features. The Wiki may contain more up-to-date information than the PDF.
- Sell Sheet – PDF
- Quick and easy breakdown of the chipKIT Pro MX4's features.
- Network Shield Documentation – Link
- This zip file contains libraries and documentation for using the Network Shield, WiFi Shield, and PmodWiFi with the chipKIT MPIDE. The libraries provide Ethernet (TCP/IP and UDP), USB Host, USB Device, CAN, and WiFi support.
- Programmer's Reference Manual - ZIP
- Programmer's Reference Manuals for the Digilent chipKIT DSPI and SoftSPI libraries for use with the chipKIT MPIDE software system.
- EAGLE Project – ZIP
- Open source EAGLE project for the chipKIT Pro MX4. Created in EAGLE v6.5 (REV.A)
- Bootloader – ZIP
- chipKIT™ bootloader Image loaded into the chipKIT™Pro MX4 / Cerebot MX4cK's PIC32 microcontroller at the factory.
- Installing chipKIT compatible IDE External
- Instructions for installing MPIDE or Arduino IDE with the chipKIT core
- MRK+Basic – Wiki
- This tutorial is a step by step guide to the assembly of Digilent's Motor Robot Kit.
- MRK+Line Following Robot – Wiki
- This tutorial is a step by step guide to the assembly of the line following Motor Robot Kit.
- MRK+3D Printable Line Following Robot Open-Source Instructable
- This instructable is a step by step guide to the assembly of the MRK Line Following Robot, including links to download the files for 3D-printable components.
- Robotic Starter Kit – ZIP
- Example design for a Robotic Starter Kit used in conjunction with a Cerebot MX4cK. This design will drive the RSK motors forward.
- MPLAB Blink – ZIP
- This zip file contains a simple MPLAB demonstration project for the chipKIT™Pro MX4 / Cerebot MX4cK. This basic project blinks the LEDs on the board.
- MPIDE Blink – ZIP
- This simple example sketch for MPIDE blinks an LED on supported chipKIT boards.