chipKIT Max32 Resource Center
Welcome to the resource center for the chipKIT Max32!
Here you will find all the reference materials that Digilent has created for this board, as well as links to any external content we have tracked down. If you are interested in purchasing the Max32, visit the product page on our main website: chipKIT Max32
The chipKIT™ Max32 is a microcontroller development board based on the Microchip PIC32MX795F512L a member of the 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller family. It is compatible with the Microchip MPLAB® IDE tools as well as the chipKIT™ MPIDE development environment. ChipKIT and MPIDE is a PIC32 based system compatible with many existing Arduino™ code examples, reference materials and other resources.
We are currently on Revision E of the Max32. You can find the revision of your board by looking on the underside, near the white bar-coded box.
Information, and sample projects involving previous revisions of the Max32 can be found here.
- Schematic – PDF
- PDF Schematic of the PCB generated by Altium
- Technical description of the chipKIT Max32 and all of its features. The Wiki may contain more up-to-date information than the PDF.
- Sell Sheet – PDF
- Quick and easy breakdown of the chipKIT Max32's features.
- Jumpers – PDF
- This document describes the functionality of the jumpers on the chipKIT™ Max32™ board.
- Pinout Table– XLS
- chipKIT™ Max32 pinout table (.xls format)
- Programmer's Reference Manual – ZIP
- Programmer's Reference Manuals for the Digilent chipKIT DSPI and SoftSPI libraries for use with the chipKIT MPIDE software system.
- Bootloader Reference Manual – PDF
- This document describes the procedure for programming the boot loader into a chipKIT board.
- EAGLE Project – ZIP
- Open source EAGLE project for the chipKIT Max32. Created in EAGLE v5.11
- Fritzing Part – rev 1
- This Fritzing part can be uploaded and used to create circuit images.
- Bootloader – ZIP
- chipKIT™ Bootloader Image loaded into the Max32's PIC32 microcontroller at the factory.
- Installing chipKIT compatible IDE External
- Instructions for installing MPIDE or Arduino IDE with the chipKIT core
- Blink – Download
- This simple example sketch for MPIDE blinks an LED on supported chipKIT boards.