How to Recover an OpenLogger with Corrupt Firmware
It is unlikely, but possible for the OpenLogger firmware update process to fail and leave the device with corrupted firmware. If this happens the device can be recovered and the firmware update by completing the following steps:
- Connect the OpenLogger via USB to a computer with the Digilent Agent installed.
- Hold the Program Button (PROG, in the opposite corner of the micro USB connector) on the OpenLogger.
- Press and release the Reset Button (P32 RST, by the WiFi radio) on the OpenLogger. The red LED1 should blink quickly. The device is now in bootloader mode.
- Release the Program Button.
- Launch WaveForms Live.
- In WaveForms Live, add or configure the Digilent Agent and select Digilent OpenLogger MZ (SN:#) from the drop-down.
- Click Open.
- Click Load Firmware.
- Select OpenLogger MZ as the device
- The latest firmware build is selected. You may select an earlier version from the drop-down, or choose Other to upload a local .hex.
- Click Flash Selected Firmware.
- When the firmware has been successfully flashed click Done.
- Test the new firmware by connecting to the device with the Open button and checking the firmware version in the configuration menu.