Breadboard Breakout for Analog Discovery 2 Reference Manual
The Breadboard Breakout for Analog Discovery 2 is designed for use with Analog Discovery devices to easily connect, reconnect, and demonstrate portable circuits at any time. This is ideal for class projects, demonstrations, or portable test systems. The Breadboard Breakout is an alternative to the Flywire assembly for Analog Discovery 2.
- Direct connection with Digilent's Analog Discovery devices
- Standard spacing for breadboard breakout pins
- Labels for breadboard breakout pins corresponding to Analog Discovery header connections
An optional Analog Discovery 2x15 Ribbon Cable can be purchased with the Breadboard Breakout for Analog Discovery 2 for easier connection.
Figure 1. Breadboard Breakout Physical Dimensions
The Breadboard Breakout for Analog Discovery 2 directly connects each of the pins of the Analog Discovery header to the breadboard breakout pins. Each breadboard breakout pin has the name of the Analog Discovery header pin written next to it on the Breadboard Breakout silkscreen. See the Analog Discovery 2 Reference Manual for more information on the use of each of these pins.
There are three different ways to connect the Breadboard Breakout for Analog Discovery 2 to an Analog Discovery Device.
- 1. Mount the Analog Discovery vertically on the Breadboard Breakout.
- 2. Use the Analog Discovery Flywire Assembly and provided 2×15 Gender Changer to connect the device to the Breadboard Breakout.
- 3. Use the optional Analog Discovery 2×15 Ribbon Cable and 2×15 Gender Changer to connect the device to the Breadboard Breakout.
NOTE: Take care not to damage the Analog Discovery device by applying too much pressure across the 2×15 header.