High Current Adapter for NI myRIO
The High Current Adapter for NI myRIO allows you drive high power low speed currents using relays and open drain N-FET otputs trough MXP connector on your myRIO. The switched signals are connected with screw terminals. For open drains a power supply is needed.
- Supports 3V…16V power voltage(external power supply required)
- 4 Open drain outputs
- Continuous current:3.0A(25°C)/2.2A(85°C)
- Peak output current:4.1A(t<5s)
- 4 Standard 3 terminal relay outputs
- Common, Normally Closed, Normally Open
- Relay output max switching voltage:30V
- Rated current:1A
- 34-pin female breakout allowing direct access to signal pins
- Uses the myRIO Expansion Port(MXP) connector
Relay connectors :
Open Drains :
|ODx-||Open Drain negative terminal|
|ODx+ , PWR+||Supply voltage (internally connected)|
Using the Adapter with myRIO
*Relays* are single side stable Normal Connected between NC and COM terminals. A logic “high” will energize the coil and the COM will be shorted to NO.
*Open Drains* connectors are meant to be used with two polarized pins/channel. The OD+ is connected to PWR positive power terminal. The OD- is equipped with transient suppression diodes to the PWR. Connect open drains power supply(+PWR-) respecting the polarity. PWR should not exceed 16VDC.
Note:If you need different supplies for different channels, assure suppression diodes to your supply voltages, especially when use inductive loads.