Line-Following Motor Robot Kit (MRK+Line) Resource Center
Welcome to the resource center for the Line-Following Motor Robot Kit (MRK+Line)!
Here you will find all the reference materials that Digilent has created for this kit, as well as links to any external content we have tracked down. If you are interested in purchasing the MRK+Line, visit the product page on our main website: MRK+Line
The Digilent Line-Following Motor Robot Kit (MRK+Line) provides the perfect starting point for those new to robotics, but has the power to be used for advanced designs and applications as well. The MRK pairs our powerful chipKIT™ Pro MX4 microcontroller development board with a rugged steel platform and all the motors, wheels, sensors, and other parts needed to build a complete robot. When finished, the MRK+Line can be programmed to follow a dark line on a lightly colored surface. Using your MRK+Line's powerful chipKIT Pro MX4, you’ll be able to add all sorts of functionality to your robot. Add some of our extensive line of peripheral modules (Pmods™) and you can design almost anything!
Your chipKIT Pro MX4 can be programmed with either Microchip MPLAB IDE or chipKIT MPIDE. Microchip MPLAB IDE can be downloaded for free from microchip.com. chipKIT MPIDE can be downloaded for free from chipkit.net.
- Powered by the chipKIT Pro MX4 (included)
- Includes everything needed to build a fully-functioning robot in no time at all
- Driven by two 1:19 ratio motor/gearboxes
- Includes 4 IROS sensors & a PmodLS1 light sensor module for line-following capability
- Rugged metal platform & motor mount with holes on 1/2“ centers
- Rugged plastic wheels and drag button
- Line-Following Motor Robot Kit (MRK+Line) reference manual / getting started guide. – PDF
- Follow this guide to assemble and get started with the MRK.
- Sell Sheet – PDF
- Simple demo project for your MRK+Line. – ZIP
- This MPIDE Sketch will help you get started with the MRK.