Zybo HDMI Input Demo
The Zybo HDMI In project demonstrates the usage of the HDMI and VGA ports on the ZYBO. The behavior is as follows:
- Video data streams in through the HDMI port and out through the VGA port.
- A UART interface is available to configure what is output through VGA.
- There are 3 display frame buffers that the user can choose to display or write to.
|4 user switches||X|
|4 user LEDs||X|
|5 user push buttons||X|
|Micro SD card connector||X|
|HDMI Sink and HDMI Source||X|
|16 Bit VGA port||X|
|Audio codec w/ three 3.5mm jacks||X|
|10/100/1000 Ethernet PHY||X|
|512MiB 800Mt/s DDR3 Memory||X|
|Five Pmod ports||X|
|Pmod for XADC signals||X|
|USB HID Host||X|
- Basic familiarity with Vivado & SDK
- This experience can be found by walking through our “Getting Started with Vivado” guide
- Zybo board
- Micro-USB cable
- HDMI cable
- HDMI source
- VGA monitor
- Vivado Design Suite & Xilinx SDK 2016.4
- Version 2016.4 must be used to generate the project
Download and Launch the Zybo HDMI Input Demo
Follow the Using Digilent Github Demo Projects Tutorial. Since this is a Vivado SDK Project, you can either directly launch SDK and import the hardware handoff, or you can generate a bitstream in Vivado before launching SDK. Select the hardware handoff options in the tutorial if you don't want to modify the project block design later. Return to this guide when prompted to check for additional hardware requirements and setup.
Using the Zybo HDMI Input Demo
HDMI Display Options
1 - Changes the resolution of the VGA output to the monitor.
2 - Changes the frame buffer to display on the VGA monitor.
3/4 - Store one of two test patterns in the chosen video frame buffer.
5 - Start/Stop streaming video data from HDMI to the chosen video frame buffer.
6 - Changes the video buffer that HDMI data is streamed into.
7 - Inverts and stores the current video frame into the next video frame buffer and displays it.
8 - Scales the current video frame to the display resolution and stores it into the next video frame buffer, then displays it.
The demo in action - displaying the blended test pattern.