OpenScope MZ - Setup
Setup the Digilent Agent
The Digilent Agent is a service that runs in the system tray on Windows, Mac, or Linux and enables WaveForms Live to communicate with Digilent hardware. The Digilent Agent makes it easy to update the OpenScope MZ's firmware, configure Wifi and calibrate the instruments.
- Download and install the Digilent Agent.
Installers for Windows Mac and Linux are available here.
Add the OpenScope MZ to WaveForms Live
WaveForms Live provides a browser based instrumentation environment for managing devices and acquiring data. WaveForms Live uses the Digilent Agent to communicate with local devices via USB.
- Connect the OpenScope MZ to the computer via USB.
- The blue light on the OpenScope will flash or remain solid when the device is ready, however it may take the several seconds for the computer to recognize the device the first time it is connected.
- Right click the Digilent Agent in the system tray and click Launch WaveForms Live.
- This will launch waveformslive.com if you have internet access or a locally hosted version of WaveForms Live if not.
- Add the Digilent Agent and OpenScope MZ to WaveForms Live.
- Click Add A Device.
- Choose Agent.
- Enter the hostname or IP address of the device where the Agent is running and click Add Device.
Typically the default value “http://localhost:42135” is correct for an agent running on the local machine.
- Select the COM port associated with the OpenScope MZ from the drop down.