OpenScope MZ - Calibration
The OpenScope MZ uses software calibration to improve measurement accuracy and each OpenScope MZ is calibrated as part of the manufacturing process. The OpenScope MZ does not need to be re-calibrated before each use, however, calibration is recommended before the first use and when changing environments, especially if there is a large temperature variation between environments.
Calibration tables are saved in the OpenScope MZ flash in one of two locations: flash and SD. The SD calibration is intended to be overwritten by the user during normal use. The flash calibration is populated during manufacturing but it can also be overwritten. Calibration data is applied to the instruments when the OpenScope MZ boots. If the SD calibration exists it will be applied. If not and the flash calibration exists it will be applied. If neither the SD nor flash calibrations exist the ideal calibration will be applied to the instruments.
The OpenScope MZ is calibrated using WaveForms Live.
- Launch WaveForms Live.
- Add the OpenScope MZ to WaveForms Live.
- Device specific instructions are provided.
- Connect the solid red wire to the solid orange wire.
- Connect the solid white wire to the solid blue wire.
- The new calibration data has been applied to the instrument and will be applied at boot.