chipKIT Pro MX7 Resource Center
Welcome to the resource center for the Pro MX7!
Here you will find all the reference materials that Digilent has created for this board, as well as links to any external content we have tracked down. If you are interested in purchasing the Pro MX7, visit the product page on our main website: chipKIT Pro MX7
The chipKIT™Pro MX7 is a microcontroller development board based on the Microchip PIC32MX795F512L, a member of the 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller family. It is compatible with Digilent’s line of Pmod™ peripheral modules, and is suitable for use with the Microchip MPLAB® IDE tools. The chipKIT Pro MX7 is also compatible for use with the chipKIT™ MPIDE development environment. ChipKIT and MPIDE is a PIC32 based system compatible with many existing Arduino™ code examples, reference materials and other resources.
We are currently on Revision C of the Pro MX7. You can find the revision of your board by looking on the underside, near the white bar-coded box.
- Schematic – PDF
- PDF Schematic of the PCB generated by Altium
- Technical description of the chipKIT Pro MX7 and all of its features. The Wiki may contain more up-to-date information than the PDF.
- Sell Sheet – PDF
- Quick and easy breakdown of the chipKIT Pro MX7's features.
- Programmer's Reference Manuals – ZIP
- Programmer's Reference Manuals for the Digilent chipKIT DSPI and SoftSPI libraries for use with the chipKIT MPIDE software system.
- EAGLE Project –Download
- Open source EAGLE project for the chipKIT Pro MX7. Created in EAGLE v6.5 (REV.A)
- Bootloader – ZIP
- chipKIT™ bootloader Image loaded into the chipKIT Pro MX7 / Cerebot MX7cK's PIC32 microcontroller at the factory.
- Network Shield, WiFi Shield, and PmodWiFi libraries – Link
- This zip file contains libraries and documentation for using the Network Shield, WiFi Shield, and PmodWiFi with the chipKIT MPIDE. The libraries provide Ethernet (TCP/IP and UDP), USB Host, USB Device, CAN, and WiFi support.
- Installing chipKIT compatible IDE External
- Instructions for installing MPIDE or Arduino IDE with the chipKIT core
- MPLAB Blink – Download
- This zip file contains a simple MPLAB demonstration project for the chipKIT Pro MX7 / Cerebot MX7cK. This basic project blinks the LEDs on the board.
- MPIDE Blink – Download
- This simple example sketch for MPIDE blinks an LED on supported chipKIT boards.
- HTTP Server – ZIP
- This file contains an HTTP server example that is built using the chipKIT MPIDE. Pages are stored on an SD card and can be delivered via either WiFi or wired LAN. The server also requires the Network Shield/WiFi Library available via the Digilent Web site (Doc #DSD-0000318).